7 Things Required to Create Vision and Purpose
January 25, 2021
One of the most common questions individuals seek to understand and arguably the most important question to answer is what would allow me to live a purposeful and deeply meaningful life?This question often takes the form of what would make me happy or what do I want out of life? To ask yourself these 2 questions with the understanding that every time you ask them, you are alluding to what you desire and are capable of achieving and thus the quality of person you have to become to achieve it. To grow, to become more, to achieve within is truly the catalyst for all achievement as who you are will reflect in the level of actions you consistently take and the actions you take will result in the level of achievement you create. Achievement is not just more money, more things, more experiences. Achievement more importantly is also a sense of purpose, vision, and fulfillment. Out of these forms of achievement do you truly manifest the most external abundance too because achievement within creates a positive feedback loop that further empowers your identity, your action, and continued achievement. I don’t promise you the answer to what will make you happy or what will give you purpose. Everyone’s answer to that is going to be different but I do promise you the ability to implement the following 7 tools, practices, and mindsets that will lead you to clarity, vision, and purpose to become the level of person capable of answering your deepest question for yourself.
- Authentic Self vs Authentic Vision
- The answer is your authentic vision.
- The person who can answer it is your authentic self.
- Let Go
- Create Vision
Clarity is freedom from what made you unclear. Clarity is not the answer itself it is a state from which you can answer. Out of clarity can you now create Vision. Vision is the answer. If you want to live the life you want, then you are going to have to identify what it is you want. In 2021 start build long-term vision consistently. Most people do this in the form of goal setting in generalize materialistic outcomes usually done during new years. But the most successfully fulfilled people are consistently defining and understanding their vision in the present, in 1 month, in 1 year, in 3 years, in 10, 20 and so on. The best way to start doing this is to consistently ask yourself what you want to achieve and what do you want out of life? Take it a step further and make it a habit to consistently do one or more of the following practices at least once every week:
- Journal your aspirations and your dreams for life.
- Do a visual meditation see yourself living the exact life you want.
- Write down 100 things I want in life and see if you can fill it out.
- Ask Better Questions
- Change the environment in which you ask the question.
- Change the physical state in which you ask the question.
- Change the psychological state in which you ask the question.
- Travel and perceive from the lens of a different culture.
- Ask the same question in a different way.
- 80/20 Rule
- Get it done and knock it out AFAP (as fast as possible).
- Systemize it.
- Outsource and delegate it.
- Take Consistent Action
- Ask yourself what action you struggle with being consistent about?
- What item in your environment makes it easy to procrastinate your desired consistent action?
- Get rid of that thing forever that makes it easy to procrastinate.
- In 2018 I had finally consistently achieved my miracle morning by leaving my phone in a totally different room the night before in order to remove the decision every morning of scrolling on my phone or reading and meditating. So now my goal became I want to have a night routine that also facilitates my greatest growth.
- What was making it difficult in my environment was the TV. I would get home from training in person clients and it was so easy to just relax and watch. What I wanted to do was cook a delicious meal, meal prep, work on my business, read, and go to bed early but what I ended up doing most nights was watch Netflix.
- I canceled my Netflix account, I threw away my television and I essentially removed the distraction. I no longer depended on motivation to help me decide what I did. It was already decided for me because it was the only thing left to do. I now have a television but after living without for a year I don’t watch it more than 2 hours a month. It’s there for being used with intention but never as an unconscious compromise.
- LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Love = Presence & Presence = LoveTo some of you who know what transcendental/intentional presence feels like when practiced from habits such as breathwork or meditation this will click immediately and are being mindblown as we speak with the applications that this may serve you toward consistency. For others you’ll need more convincing. The best way I can convince you that this is true is by letting you experience the power of it and to actually FEEL Presence and how it creates love for anything you become present with. The following is the science of how to become intentional and euphorically present. If you can scientifically achieve this, it means you can scientifically learn to love and ultimately scientifically live a fulfilled live. If you don’t believe me then just try it and find out. There are many tools out there by many coaches. Most of them have to do with any form of practice known as transcendence. I also call it transcendence but to make it understandable and relevant to applicable life it is also called peak performance. Peak performance is the science of transcendence. Transcendence is an art. The Transcendence tool I prefer to use is Breathwork in combination with a peak performance science behind your physiology and your psychology. Breathwork in itself is a key physiological state. Whether you breath shallowly or deeply have completely different effects on your psychology. This is why I love exercise because as you breathe deeply, you move oxygen and your blood flows, you psychologically trigger your mind to achieve higher states and thus trigger endorphins, feel happier and live mentally healthier lives. Your physiology plays a huge role in how you psychologically perceive the world. If you act sad, and look said, you will then feel sad. If you look in a mirror and hold a smile, you will actually start to feel happier and maybe even laugh out loud. You should try it just to see what I mean. The point is Physiology Dictates Psychology. Those are the famous words by Tony Robbins a master in controlling mental states through physical states. If you want to reach a higher state psychologically, then you need to start by working through the body by affecting your physiology. In other words you need to trigger your mind to feel a certain way by physically acting that way. Deep, focused breathwork is the physical embodiment of psychological presence, clarity, peace and purpose. So once you do this, how will you know it’s working? The easy answer is that it always works because it’s science. The question is how deep do you want to experience it? The answer is time, and practice. If you want to go deeper, simply spend a longer time in it or just get better at it by practicing more….” This is how exactly how you should do the breathwork to achieve it always!
- Spine is straight and tall
- Deep Breaths in Deep Breaths Out
- During every inhale focus on the inside of your throat
- Feel the cold air as it passes through your throat with every inhale
- Remember Deep Breathes in and totally Out as you Focus only on this point inside your throat where the cold air passes.
- Repeat for as few as 5 breathes to become present or as many as you’d like to take it a level deeper.
- Do it anytime you are starting a new activity or endeavor to become present.
Thank you for reading my name is Alan Nogier and I am a peak performance mentor for people wanting to scale their lives, their time, and their income. The biggest take away I’d want you to have from this article is #7.
To Practice presence every single moment. The more you practice presence the more life will begin to happen for you, opportunities become apparent, doors begin to open, and you become fearless to be able to step through them. That is the power of presence in achievement of a fulfilled life.