GOOGLE ADSENSE AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS IN 7 EASY STEPS
December 6, 2020
What is Google AdSense?
AdSense is a program that allows bloggers and website owners to make money by displaying Google ads on their websites. obviously, Google gets the larger percentage and you get the smaller half. AdSense is one of the most popular ways to make money amongst bloggers, however, you must know: AdSense is NOT a get rich quick scheme. In fact, it can take a long time to make real money from it, but if you stick with it long enough, it’ll pay off big times.
How can you make money from it?
There are actually 2 ways to earn money:
- 1st one is through Impressions. This is based on the number of page-views with Ads on it.
- 2nd one is through Clicks. This is based on how many people actually click on the Ads.
Needless to say, some Ads worth more than the others. Your earning is also depending on the keywords that are used, the amount of traffic you get on your website, the number of visitors who clicked on the ad, and many more factors. How to begin your AdSense adventure:
- Sign up for a Google AdSense account. You just need a Gmail account.
- After you’ve submitted your application, wait for the AdSense team to review it. This can take a few hours to a few weeks.
- After you’ve got your approval, then you can get your Ad code by logging in to your AdSense account. You need to place the code on your website to display ads.
- It’s pretty much automatic nowadays, which means you just paste the code, and Google decides where, when, and how many ads to display on your website. But you can also do it manually if you want.
Ok, now that you have your AdSense code, you need to place it in your WordPress codes. How? By just following these steps:
- Login to your Google AdSense account – Click on the Ads tab – Click on the Get Code button.
- Once you got your code snippet with your publisher ID, copy and paste the code in a text editor.
- Now, add the code to all the pages where you want to display Ads.
- Add the code in your WordPress theme’s header.php file.
Do you want to know more statics about your website? Like how many visitors you had, where do they live, what’s most popular about your website, etc.? Read this thoroughly because it can revolutionize your website/blog.
First of all, what is Google analytics?
It gathers info like how many visitors do you have, what marketing tactics drive the most traffic to your website, which are the most popular pages on your website, how can you improve your website’s speed, and much more useful information. Now that we covered the bases, let’s see how we can set up an account and start using this magical tool.
How to set up an account and install Google Analytics
- Make a Google account (or use the one you already have but keep in mind anyone who has access to it will be able to manage your Google Analytics account).
- Go to Google Analytics and sign in.
- Complete the 3 given steps to set up your account (Account setup – Property Setup – About Your Business).
You can have up to 100 Google Analytics accounts under your Google account and 50 websites under one Google Analytics account (It’s best to use different accounts for different websites).
How to install your tracking code
After you are finished setting up your account, click on the “Get Tracking ID” button. Once you agreed with the terms and conditions you will get your code. Now install the code on every page of your website. If you have a WordPress website there are plugins that you can use to install your code easily. If you have HTML based website, you need to add the tracking code before the tag on every page.
How to set up your goals
- Click on the New Goal button.
- Choose the custom option or other options, whichever is more applicable to your site.
- Name your Goal
- Enter the page’s URL after your website’s .com
- Enter a value for that conversion
- Click on the “Create Goal” (don’t forget that you can have only 20 goals, use them wisely)
How to view Google Analytics data
Every time that you log in to your Google Analytics, you will be taken to your Audience Overview report (unless you have more than one website, in that case, you will be taken to your websites list first). Also, you can access these reports by going to the Reporting Link.
Different types of Google Analytics reports
Audience reports: This part is about your visitors. Their age, gender, location, etc. Acquisition reports: This part is about what drove the visitors to your website. The sources and etc. Behavior reports: This part is about your content. What’s your top page and etc. To sum up, you can easily add Google Analytics to your website, and by making a few improvements here and there, you can increase your website traffic and rank higher on the search results.
After you had an optimized website, try throwing Google AdSense into the mix, and start making some money! I hope it was a useful blog for you